Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Just one more day

I leave tomorrow on what I imagine will be the trip of a lifetime. I've gone on some amazing vacations with my family, but this won't so much be a vacation...more of a journey. I'm packed, though I'm sure I will AGAIN open my suitcase to shift things around and make sure I really have everything. I have my paperwork as together as I can all in a binder with page protectors and clear envelopes that hook into the binder...everything with post-its so I can find it quickly. My camera battery is charged and the memory cards are cleared. I have another load or two of laundry to get done and some vacuuming to do but other than that I'm just going to spend some time with the kids this afternoon. They have a half day of school which is good. Last night we went out for dinner to save the hastle of cooking and cleanup and get some time together. I think I'm ready, but it remains to be seen if I really am.

And in true fashion of our family, Kennedy had an issue last night involving a dog chasing a cat. The dog decided she was going to chase the cat who decided he was having none of that and "flew" (Kennedy's word) onto Kennedy's head for protection. Of course he had his claws out and as a result Kennedy's ear is torn up pretty badly. It took me a good fifteen or twenty minutes to get the bleeding to stop and then I taped it up with gauze so she could go to bed. I got that off this morning and her ear hurts, but I think she'll live. Such fun at 9:30pm in our house!

No comments: