Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

We mostly slept again Christmas Eve and last night as well. Granted we are up a bit early (4am on Christmas and again today but we did get back to sleep until 6 today) but that's ok. It seems we're well on our way to being on US time. Keeghan is coming to like Doug and the kids more but still gets very overwhelmed when too much is going on.

We went to Auntie Val's for Christmas Eve and there were a few too many people around. I know everyone is excited for us and to meet and play with Keeghan...I am too but having 10 people watching your every move and trying to get you to smile or play is alot. Especially for a little girl who probably didn't ever see much other than the orphanage she lived in and maybe a play area outside that orphanage. Keeghan seems to look to me for comfort but she also is pretty flirty with others which worries me a bit. I'm probably just being paranoid, but I'd rather be safe when it comes to bonding.

Anyway...onto the fun stuff. Christmas was amazing. I really got the best present a Mom could ask for. Doug and I didn't really get very much "stuff" but the joy of having all our kids with us and watching them open their gifts was awesome. Keeghan got into present opening later in the day. She and I sat on the living room floor and opened her things. She loves some of her toys but others weren't so interesting. Here's a few pictures:

No comments: