Sunday, December 28, 2008

Winter warm up

So I got my wish...it's warmed up quite a bit and the snow is fading away. I certainly didn't mean it all had to go as the kids haven't had a chance to sled yet, but this weather is WAY better than all that snow and ice! It was a pleasure to go run the past two mornings in only pants and a long sleeve shirt as opposed to needing gloves, jackets, etc. Keeghan has warmed up enough to Doug and her siblings to let me run though this morning I was greeted with Doug saying "Don't you dare go another hundred yards.". And on that note...I didn't get to workout while in China. I did lug Keeghan around but that doesn't count in my book. Something you have to do anyway (ie snow shoveling, power walking while shopping, carrying a kid) doesn't count as exercise. I was worried about my weight (as I always do). I typically weigh myself daily and did hop on the scale in the hotel a few times but knew I couldn't count on that as it wasn't the scale I normally weigh myself on. I wrote down my weight from the morning I left but haven't looked at it because I thought I'd remembered it. I've had a few people comment that I look like I'd lost weight but by my memory and what my scale said I was like no...about the same. Well, I finally looked at what I'd written down last night...yeah, I lost about 7lbs since I left. So much for my memory.

Onto Keeghan...we slept ok again last night. Getting a few solid hours has helped me a ton and getting to workout is always a good thing. I'm working on getting her to one nap a day (lunchtimeish) and then to bed at 8ish. We're getting there. Something that has surprised us about her...she likes the car and carseat. Both Doug and I totally assumed she would HATE being in a carseat having never been in one. She did fuss when we first put her in the night I got home, but calmed right down and seems to actually like being in the car. We put on music and she sings and dances (so cute!). She's also talking more...saying up, cracker, diaper, shoes...and I'm sure some other stuff we just don't understand. Keeghan understands us pretty well and can follow directions if she feels like it : ) Ok, my posting time is done as the princess is wanting some attention.

No comments: