Thursday, December 11, 2008

I tried to nap.

Everyone knows this rule...as a new parent, you sleep when the baby sleeps. I tried but it didn't work. My head is everywhere so I gave up.

I do need to take a minute to thank a few people here. Val and Craig (and their kids) are currently serving as a surrogate family to my kids while I'm away and for that I am VERY grateful. I'm sure Doug could have done it alone, but it's wonderful to have friends as good as Val and Craig are to help out. So, thank you a million times over. I'll never be able to repay you!

That said...I need to say that I am also very thankful that Doug is home. At this point, I know the kids are missing me (and boy am I missing them) and I would be a train wreck if Doug were here with me. I'm sad that Doug is missing this experience, of course, but so glad he is home to care for the big kids.

I miss you all and can't wait to get home!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope all is OK - talk to you soon, Amanda

Valerie said...

No repay necessary....you would be here for my family too! The last couple days were a nice distraction for the girls. Even without power....LOL....no more winter trips for you!

Love ya and miss you 2!
VaL