Friday, December 19, 2008

Day two




Have I said how much I love this little girl?? Granted at 5 AM after being up since 2 she's not quite as cute as at 11 AM, but still damn cute and a smile just melts me.

The kids are loving Keeghan to death and helping me TONS. They are great about grabbing whatever I need when my hands are full or getting a toy to entertain Keeghan when she's fussing. It's so fun to watch them do whatever they can to please their little sister. Doug and Keeghan are working on getting to know one another. She called him Ba Ba the other night (that's Chinese for Daddy...ok Father). He's still hesitant to just pick her up as she is not totally loving these extra people all over. Keeghan did let Doug feed her last night. Well more this morning at 5 AM. We'll take the little steps.

Being home is, all in all, a bit weird. I think more actually finally having Keeghan here is weird. As Doug said the first night we were home, "Look, there's a little Chinese baby in our bed.". That sums it up. After waiting so long (and I know...16 months isn't really that long in the land of China adoptions right now) I still am wondering if it's all a dream or if I'm really this lucky!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

You are very lucky...and yes living your dream! She is beautiful! Each day should get better and better.

Love ya,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Tami, I'm a friend of Amanda's and of course have heard about you, probably met you a few times too. Just wanted to say I checked your blog and congratulations! We also have 3 bio. girls, waiting now to adopt our Ethiopian daughter!
-Naomi Wilensky

Ellen Tanowitz said...

It's been 3 1/2 years and we still wonder how we got so lucky! Glad to hear everyone is doing so well.

Ellen

Unknown said...

You made me cry. I am so happy for you all. Merry merry merry Xmas to your family of 6. A