Saturday, December 13, 2008

In the home stretch!

It's Sunday morning here which means only three more days and we're on our way home. Yesterday was a bit long as Keeghan was tired from being up so late Friday night. We had medical exams so the girls can get American Visas...needless to say none of them liked that a bit. Keeghan is pretty strong and didn't want anyone touching her. Guess maybe it was good for bonding because she was clinging to me : ) After that we walked back to our hotel and I had a chance to drop off some laundry which is a good thing because I'm currently wearing sweats and the same t-shirt I wore yesterday. The weather here is alot warmer than I anticipated so long sleeves won't cut it. Let me insert here I know everyone at home is dealing with a nightmare of an ice storm that has killed power and knocked over trees everywhere. Doug and the kids had power back when I chatted with them yesterday but I hope everyone else is doing ok too! We also got a stroller to use while were here.

Fast forward a few hours after Keeghan had a nap and we were off to the Pearl Market. Keeghan did not love the stroller and I ended up carrying her most of the time. Oh well...again, good for bonding. I got some great gifts at the market and actually watched the girls string the pearls. Seriously...there were pearls EVERYWHERE. Tons of them and crazy cheap. I think we all did some shopping there.
Then it was off to what our guide referred to as a pedestrian street. It pretty much was a HUGE mall. Maybe think Quincy Market but make it 10 times bigger. And it was really crowded. I was a bit scared at first. We went into a department store were I found some other cool stuff to bring home including a wicked cute pair of shoes for Keeghan. Here are a few pictures from that...




By the time we were done there Keeghan was starving and not very happy. I stuffed some french fries and cheerios in her mouth and we made it back to the hotel. Our whole group decided to go to Lucy's (a famous place here known for their "American Food") for dinner. I ordered Keeghan grilled cheese...didn't so much like that. She did, however, really like the fun lights on the ground that changed color. Dinner time is really not our best time of day. Keeghan is usually done by then and wants to go to bed so getting her to eat is difficult. I ended up wearing most of her food (one of her favorite things to do is chew food and spit it out) which is a problem when you have no clothes left (but I'll get my laundry back this morning I hope)! From dinner we came back, took a bath (again not something we enjoy so much) and got ready for bed. I did get a few smiles then...



But this is the face I was getting at breakfast...

And a few other random cute pictures but then I'm off to breakfast because little girls are awake...







No comments: