Saturday, December 20, 2008

Are we ever going to sleep?

It seems we are still on China time. Of course we expected this, but I guess I figured I'd see SOME progress towards getting onto a US schedule by now. I'm doing what I can to get Keeghan adjusted without totally putting her off the edge. It's almost tougher now that we're home due to the lack of sleep. Given Keeghan isn't totally fond of spending too much time (ie more than 20 seconds) without me and neither of us are sleeping very well so I'm a bit cranky. In China Keeghan took one (if not two) decent naps a day and slept all night for me (with an exception here and there but even if she got up she'd go right back to sleep). So, I'd get some time to myself when she slept...but now we're trying not to sleep all day and we aren't so much sleeping at night so I'm tired and not being able to hand Keeghan off is tough. Of course I'm still loving almost every minute we have with this amazing little girl and watching the "big kids" with her. It's priceless and I know we'll sleep again sometime but that's where we are at right now.
I did get adventurous today and put the kids in what will be Christmas outfits to try and get a picture. We managed two shots before Keeghan lost it, but they actually aren't horrible : )

And a few other shots of Keeghan playing at home...

Keeghan's shirt says "Mom's favorite gift" : )


I'd almost forgotten the fun toddlers have emptying drawers and cabinets in the kitchen!

No comments: