Monday, January 19, 2009

Six weeks ago today...

I was given the most amazing gift. Keeghan was handed to me about 10am on 12/8/08 (China time that is). In some ways it feels like I've known her forever, but in others I don't know her at all. Keeghan is getting more adventurous about wandering away from me (well at home anyway) and is babbling a ton. She was spinning around in the kitchen last night. Doug was sitting on the floor with her while I was in a chair at the computer. Keeghan would spin once and look to see if I was looking and yell "ma ma" if I wasn't. I'd look...and she'd go back to spinning. It was funny. She's now learned to tell the dog "OFF" if she is on the gate at the top of the stairs and not only do we "woof" but we "meow" and "grrrr" as well. She'll ask to go "night night" if she is tired and typically goes down without a sound if she's asked to go to bed. Hopefully we'll continue in the right direction and settle in more as time goes on.

No comments: