Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Keeghan!

Keeghan's referal picture...we think she was about 9 months old there.

I know...it's not REALLY her birthday. It's her 1/2 birthday, she's 18 months old today. 6 months ago we had decided she should be ours, locked her file and wrote a letter of intent. So, we didn't get to celebrate her 1st birthday with her. I wonder if it was celebrated at all. BUT, she's here now and since it's her 1/2 birthday I'm hoping to make some cupcakes and we can sing to her tonight. I'm thinking her 2nd birthday party will end up being a big deal : )

We've been home for 6 weeks last night. Keeghan is really amazing. She's saying lots of things though we don't always know what they are! She is understanding pretty much everything we say and follows directions pretty well. She is starting to get a bit more picky about food and will not eat something if she doesn't want it. Unfortunately we just point and say "uh uh uh" until I figure out what she really wants which is tough because there are just too many options. The other day at lunch I tried about everything on the table until I figured out she simply wanted my water! She also likes to get down and walk around more especially when we are out. So far I can usually get her to hold my hand but I'm sure the true fun of a toddler will begin when she decides that is no longer ok. She kisses Doug and the big kids goodbye most of the time now. I don't so much get to go anywhere so I don't get those kisses. The other night at soccer we went to say hi to Kennedy, Carson and Doug during half-time and Keeghan ran to Doug with a huge smile on her face. It was so nice! Then she charged back at me with that smile too! I guess we're making progress on being ok as the Ma Ma and Ba Ba.

A picture of Keeghan from two weeks ago...so grown up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
From CAWLI

Valerie said...

OF COURSE it is going to be a big deal...ITS GOING TO BE A BLOW OUT BASH!