Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mr Brown can Moo...

Can you? It's a good book, I'm going to have to dig it out. Keeghan likes to make animal noises and will find books with animal pictures to make you do animal noises for her. She can woof, meow (though we aren't sure if she's saying the Chinese word for cat, which is "mao" or actually meowing), grrrrr, moo, and make an elephant noise. And not only can she do those noises, but she'll do the correct noise when you ask her what noise _____ animal makes. So if you ask what does a kitty say, she'll meow. It would certainly be more helpful if she was using more regular words to tell us what she wants, but the animal noises are fun so we'll take them.

On a much less cute note, Keeghan is sick. Her nose starting running NON-STOP the other day and now she's got an awful cough (bordering on the croup sound) and her breathing gets a bit wheezy if she's upset or been running around. I'm pretty sure it's just a nasty cold. She's certainly fussier than she has been but she's still mostly eating and isn't a total nightmare. Naptime today only lasted 1/2 an hour because she started coughing. I'm hoping that some drugs will help us sleep tonight.

Finally, tomorrow is the start of Lunar New Year...Chinese New Year...Spring Festival. We are excited to be celebrating this year though we have a Dr's appt an hour and a half from home tomorrow late so we won't get to go out for Chinese food as I would have liked. I am going into Carson's classroom to do a presentation tomorrow morning. I've got red envelopes (a tradition for kids in China on New Year...typically with money but we're doing chocolate coins), chopsticks, oranges, and some treats Doug has make to bring in. I copied a zodiac word search and am bringing in some of the things I brought home from China as well as my photos. I also managed to convince Kennedy's team of teacher's to have a Chinese New Year themed party for this month so I'm going in there on Friday with some stuff as well. Devon is treating his advisory group to red envelopes as well. Hopefully the kids will enjoy learning a bit about another culture. Kung Hay Fat Choy!!!

No comments: