Saturday, February 28, 2009

We DO have other kids...

I mostly post here about Keeghan. She's the reason I started blogging here, but we do have three other kids...and they're funny sometimes. Particularly Carson. She's always been one who thinks outside of the box, words things in her own way, and is just a comfortable in her own skin kid. I love those things about her. So, here's a funny Carson story...

In the car the other day with my two youngest, we were listening to BNL's Snacktime (Sidenote here, if you don't own this, buy it! Best kids music out there). Keeghan has learned to "sing" pop, pop, pop to the Popcorn song which we all love. And there is a song on the album called Raisins that goes, "Raisins come from grapes, people come from apes, I come from Canada..." BUT we sing it "Raisins come from grapes, people come from apes, you came from China...". Anyway, we were listening to 7,8,9. In this song Ed (pretty, and now only, lead singer of Barenaked Ladies whom we have met several times...and I guess you should know here that Carson told Ed, last time we saw him, that he should write her a lullaby song to which Ed responded, "It's not enough that I'm a rock star??? You are always giving me suggestions.") sings about how 9 is gone because 7 "ate" 9. He makes lots of points about things that would not work out if 9 were not a number (ie how he has an extra finger and toe and how when Pluto was a planet not having the number 9 would be an issue, but now that Pluto isn't a planet, it's no big deal). So, Carson makes the connection that if 7 "ate" 9 and 9 were gone then it would be 7, 8, 10...well then 7 "ate" 10 and 10 is gone and so on. So, really, there would be no numbers after 8. After telling me this theory she announces, "I should tell Ed this." as if Ed can fix the whole situation! She's a funny kid.

No comments: