Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day...

Keeghan and her new baby...in front of my new fridge

Typically, the kids get gift bags with some candy and a few small things in them for Valentine's Day. I went a little overboard by getting Keeghan a Bitty Baby (http://www.americangirl.com/) and therefore had to go a little overboard with everyone else too. It really was a function of the fact that finding Asian looking dolls is all but impossible. All the dolls in our house are blond haired and blue eyed (ok no, we have a doll one of our travel-mates bought Keeghan that is soft and Chinese and a puppet too) since that's what Kennedy and Carson look like and I wanted Keeghan to have dolls that look like her. I assumed I'd be able to find Cabbage Patch dolls that were dark haired, fair skinned, and possibly even with Asian eyes...but no. The only one I could find had some kind of color changing hair. Not such a good choice for a 18 month old. So, I gave in and ordered a Bitty Baby. Then, Friday, while I was in Toys R Us I gave Keeghan a doll stroller that she took off with, so we needed one of those too : ) So Keeghan got a baby (I think we're naming her Mei) and stroller, Kennedy and Carson got Jie Jie (big sister) sweatshirts and a bunch of Bath and Bodyworks stuff while Devon got some much needed new jeans. Doug got some crocs that he was supposed to get BEFORE the cruise (whoops) and a concert ticket to see Gaelic Storm in April. I got...a new fridge, a new camera, and a Dunkin Donuts gift card. Ok, the new fridge we needed but the camera was a couldn't pass it up deal. I think everyone enjoyed their stuff. I know Keeghan spent a good part of the day yesterday hauling her doll around the house in the stroller. It also happened that we had an extra 4 kids in the house last night so Val and Craig could enjoy a night out and in exchange I'm going to try and leave the kids with Val tonight (after Keeghan is in bed of course) so Doug and I can go have dinner or dessert.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Most excellent choice of gifts for Keeghan b/c now I can bombard her with accessories for her birthday, etc., and continue my fascination with American Girl thru your family. So thanks!