Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ready for Spring!

I am really ready for some nice weather. Being stuck in the house with a toddler is tough. Especially one who has become such a cling-on. Keeghan is still a bit odd about not liking to be put down outside but will walk a bit assuming the ground is even and not wet or snowy. I think she is just not used to the variety of the outside world on her feet. I can't wait to see how she reacts to being on grass without shoes or on the sand at the beach!

The wonder of watching her experience new things is so much fun. She is still a great eater, but is coming to discover the joy of sweets. If she finds something she likes she'll tell you "mmmmmmmmm". The other day I got the big kids frostys from Wendy's and Carson ended sharing with Keeghan since she was next to her in the car. Well, they finished off the frosty pretty quickly and Keeghan wanted more so she announced "mmmmmmmm" thinking that might make more appear. It's happened with a few other foods...mostly things she won't get so much of.

As for clinging, I'm getting alot of it lately. There have been some HUGE protests about having to go to the tub with Ba Ba or taking a nap. I'm not sure what started this, but I'm hoping to handle it so that we don't have any continuing problems. We managed to go "play" with a friend today. Keeghan warmed up to the other kids and adults in the house and was willing to get off my lap and check things out as long as we were in the same room. We're still doing ok with daycare at the gym. Keeghan stayed once last week without any of her siblings but since they are home on school vacation this week I've been dragging at least one of them along. It's REALLY nice for me to get to the classes I love at the gym so I'm glad Keeghan seems to be ok with that. She gets excited when I come to get her and will come right to me and knows as soon as I mention going to the gym that she can "color" which she loves to do. Now if we can get to the point where Ba Ba can do more than take her from me screaming...

No comments: