Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's Been...


...2 months since you came to me, cocked your head to the side and started screaming, 8 weeks since we made it home saying "Get that together and please come and feed me!", 5 weeks since the crib is your bed, I realized we should have done that on day 1, Now-a-days you've forgiven me but it will still be months before you say you love me...

Ok, I'll stop the Barenaked Ladies "One Week" remake, more because I'll sit here for hours trying to be funny and I don't have that kind of time than because I want to. Seriously, it's been 2 months since Keeghan was handed to me (really??? only 2 months???). She is such an amazing clever little girl. If she's up in the morning when I'm in the shower and getting ready for the day she loves to pull the shower curtain open (and of course get all wet) to make sure I'm still there. Then, when I'm doing my hair and putting on makeup, Keeghan will pull out hair products or makeup brushes and "do" her hair and makeup. She already knows what the hair straighteners are for...though I'm pretty sure she'll never need those! It's so funny to watch her take stuff and mimic what I do with it. Since Doug and Devon were gone this past week I tried to make sure I talked about them alot and Keeghan was sure to point them out anytime we walked past a picture of them. I think we're starting to see more and more of her personality. She is starting to make her opinion known if something is not going her way or she want something. BUT she is also making great progress with language. She says tons of words...juice, cracker, Ba Ba, Ma Ma, ball, book, car, no, Ge Ge, Jie Jie, night night and there is other stuff she is saying that I'm SURE means something but I can't always tell what. She understands almost everything we say and will head for her room if you tell her it's time to go night, night or if she needs a diaper change. She makes the most amazing faces and is very expressive with them. Sometimes it's hard to believe she's been with me for two months and other times I feel like I've known her forever. She has certainly just fallen into place with our family and makes it that much more complete. Uh, oh...naptime is over!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Tami,

It is really amazing to watch how the "big" kids interact with Keeghan and she with them. It has really been a joy to watch the growth. Thank you for letting me be part of it! I can't believe it has really only been 2 months.

Tami said...

Right up until one of the "big kids" and the little kid fall down the stairs and give me a heart attack!!