Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sleep and attachment...again

I know I complain alot. It's what I'm good at, really. I feel like Keeghan is attaching. I know our work isn't done and things will continue to evolve and change as time goes on. Keeghan is becoming more and more physically affectionate with us as time goes on but I still do not insist on hugs or kisses from her. I don't like asking her for them and I cringe when other people do. I'm pretty happy that Keeghan won't go to people she doesn't really know. Someone she's seen a few times tried to get Keeghan to come to her yesterday and Keeghan didn't. That's ok. She does seem a bit too happy to greet random people sometimes when we're out which of course everyone thinks is cute. I, however, think it's stressful. I would prefer she not feel a need to fistbump (knuckle bump...whatever you want to call it) everyone in a room when we leave. It's ok that she wants to do so with someone we know but having to do it with everyone in sight is bothersome and I try not to let her. Maybe limiting who she's allowed to have physical contact with seems over the edge to some but knowing that we're still having some sleep problems (there have been less full nights of sleep over the past month than nights of waking) and that Keeghan is very clingy with me after I've worked or something tells me we still have some serious attachment work to do. Every kid is different...bio, adopted, fostered...whatever and you have to go with your Mommy gut on this stuff. Too bad my Mommy body doesn't do so well sleep deprived.

No comments: