Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Broken...

I have not one but two broken kids right now. Kennedy got cleaned out at a soccer game last week and then again on Saturday so off we went to the Dr Saturday night. X-rays said possible break in the thumb. 2 splints later we were off. I got a call this morning that the radiologist didn't think there was a real break so she could take the splint off most of the time but to wear it playing soccer. Great. Then, yesterday, I get a call from the school nurse that Carson took a fall on the playground and hurt her arm. It was almost dismissal time so I waited for Carson to get home before calling the Dr but as soon as I saw her I knew I was calling. Off we went at 8pm last night...more x-rays and a suspected tiny buckle fracture in her wrist. They splinted it with half a cast and ace bandages and I'm supposed to hear today if we need to see an ortho Dr or not. I'm thinking if anyone else breaks anything DSS might be stopping by!

On a Keeghan note...we still aren't sleeping great but I think she's cutting some molars so that might have something to do with it. Of course even if she's just up for a few minutes I can't go back to sleep and am up most of the night. We're doing better with the gym, thank goodness, but I'm still worried because I'm the Mommy. I think 3/4 of my problem with all this adjusting is the adjustment of having a toddler again. I was used to having 3 big, mostly self sufficient kids. I could run an errand in 10 minutes and lock myself in my room if I needed a nap but I can't do that now and I'm not ok with it. I know it won't last forever and I'm trying really really really hard to enjoy those 2 year old moments (like jumping off every curb we come to) because I don't want to miss out. Maybe keeping these thoughts in my head will help. It is also helping that Keeghan doesn't flip out anymore when I say bye to go to work. I typically get a kiss and a "bye bye" which makes it so much easier to leave. It's also nice that Keeghan is better about hanging with her Baba these days and doesn't insist on me 24/7. And having a great friend who is willing to be the Keeghan entertainment committee is a serious bonus! Girls night out is also a big help! All in all it's getting better but I really thought it would happen faster than this!

No comments: