Thursday, September 10, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

That's what we've been! Summer came to a quick end when the soccer season started and now that we're back to school as well I'm always on the go. Devon is settling into high school well. He's enjoying playing soccer and they've gone 1-2 so far but their first 4 games of the season are against the toughest teams in the league so to even have won one is great! Kennedy is enjoying 7th grade and playing soccer at school as well as on a travel team. Her first school game is today and I'm looking forward to seeing her play...I love watching that girl on the soccer field. There are 2 tough nights a week for her as she has school practice until 5 and then travel practice starts at 6 and goes until 7:30 so by the time she gets home and showers and eats she still has homework to do. She's done well so far and I'll hope it continues. Devon has had a few of those nights too...one this week where her didn't get home from his game until 8:30, tired, hungry and with homework to do. Carson's getting to like 5th grade. It's her last year of elementary school which is a bit sad for me. She's playing travel soccer as well and we'll see what else this year brings for her! While I do miss having help around the house I'm enjoying some quiet time with Keeghan these days. She seems to be having a tough time adjusting to this new schedule and is being really clingy. Yesterday when I tried to leave her at the gym daycare she freaked out and they had to come get me out of kickbox class : ( I guess we'll just have to work back up to where we were. I try and re-assure her that "Mama will always come back" but after a few losses in her short life I don't blame her for being worried. I'm hoping it's just a short adjustment we're going through and not 2 year old separation anxiety too.

We had a great Labor Day cookout to celebrate Keeghan's birthday with family and friends and Keeghan did really well with all the chaos. I expected her to be stuck to me the whole day but that was not the case. She had fun jumping on the trampoline with some cousins and a travel-mate. She loved eating the cake but still would not blow out candles : ( Maybe next year! I'll post some of those pictures when I get a minute, but they're not on this computer so it'll have to wait!

No comments: