Tuesday, June 9, 2009

In 6 short months

I've learned alot. I like Huggies diapers better than Pampers (and just the regular ones not the supreme). Toddlers are a lot more work than I remember. Devon, Kennedy, and Carson are AMAZING siblings. Re-adoption in NH is pretty simple and can be done the day after you get back from China...no need to wait for post-placement reports etc. Pig tails are a ton of fun : ) Keeghan sometimes needs to wear shoes to go to sleep?? One little girl can make more noise than her three siblings put together. The words water, gummies, and marshmallow all sound the same when said by a 22 month old. Walking on the Great Wall of China doesn't even come close to the amazement of being handed your child. Finding someone, anyone, with good knowledge of treating a pediatric patient with congenital lymphedema is all but impossible. 14 year old boys try to act all cool but can be sweet boys who love their baby sisters enough to share half chewed goldfish crackers with them. That one little girl and two little kitties are a BAD mix. I might really be all done needing more babies!


Keeghan and I have known one another for 6 months but we're still all getting to know one another. Everytime I think I might have her figured out a bit...I figure out I'm totally wrong. We seem to hit plateaus as well as highs and lows. Overall, I think we're darn lucky. Keeghan is a great fit for our family. She is loud, loves music, has a terrific personality, gets into everything, and is growing to love us as much as we love her. Her lymphedema treatment is going along. Her leg is pretty close to the same size as her other leg and her hand and arm...well we're working on that. It's a process of not only treating her but getting her comfortable with treatment and with us to let us do what we need to treat her. I'm looking forward to watching Keeghan grown over the next six months!
Some serious cuteness going on in our house!

Feeding my baby.

Watermelon!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They teach us so much.