Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A long 3 day weekend.

Kennedy headed to the net...she didn't score this one, but put 4 others in over the weekend.
The intensity that Kennedy plays with.

Carson with three defenders on her...she looks so little playing against the 12 year olds.


Keeghan and Devon take in the semi-finals.



It was nice to have decent weather for this long weekend as we were outside pretty much non-stop at soccer. The girls played a tournament at a nearby town (read as 20 minute drive) which meant 6 games between Saturday and Sunday (an hour each game). Keeghan was a trouper and made it through most of the games. I ended up taking her for a quick car ride Saturday to get her to sleep and she slept through one game in the car while I stood there to watch the game. Good thing that game was at the ONE field where I could watch the game from the car. Carson played 5 of the 6 games but Kennedy could only play 3 (because of the fact that one team was registered at U-11's...ie 11 and under) so I did have some help from them while they were hanging out of the sidelines. Keeghan has learned she can't go on the field and stays pretty close to me, but there are, of course, a million other people on the sidelines who think she's cute (cause she is) and want to play with her, touch her, pick her up, feed her...whatever. I was pretty done with that come the end of the day Saturday and Keeghan was on her way there. It shows when Keeghan gets fidgety that she is tired and not happy about what's going on. Sunday was only 2 game so not quite as bad, but another long day as there ended up being a lightening delay and we didn't get home again until almost 7. We ended up back at the fields again Monday cause the girls made playoffs (both teams). A good thing, I know, but I was about done with princess patrol by then and wanted people to just keep their hands off her. I think both Keeghan and I hit our limit come nap time yesterday afternoon at the end of the final game. Keeghan was all over the place and just couldn't settle down but I couldn't leave when Carson was playing in the championship game for her division so we just toughed it out and then came home for a nap. Kennedy's team (the U-12's...Carson played with them) ended up in 4th behind three undefeated teams while Carson's team (the U-11's) ended up in 2nd. I am very proud of the big girls for their hard work this weekend but very glad Keeghan and I can have today to ourselves.

No comments: