Friday, October 23, 2009

What a long day

I sort of saw it coming. Keeghan was up at 3:30am the other morning. Thankfully she went back to bed within a half hour. I did hear her singing again at about 5 but she stayed in bed until 6. Then yesterday she woke up from her nap wailing which isn't how it normally goes. It took me a few minutes to get her calmed down. She slept last night but this morning was a bit demanding and it escalated to all out hysteria by the time we left the gym. We got home and she wouldn't let me put her down. I tried to shower and she stood holding the curtain open screaming. I got dressed and picked her up trying to calm her down which got me no where. I sat in the rocking chair holding her, hugging her, telling her "it's ok". I asked if she wanted to eat or sleep but it was very clear she just wanted to cry. This happens sometimes. It sucks because I feel so totally helpless. We went out to do a few errands and that was ok. The all out crying stopped but the incessant asking of whatever she wanted went on and on and on. Thankfully, Keeghan crashed in the car on the way home and napped for another 45 minutes. BUT she woke up crying again. I sat her on my lap while she whined for me to stand up but still could not calm her down. Finally I took her out for a walk to meet Kennedy at the bus and that helped right until I tried to come back in the house to put up new toy storage and clean up her room. Devon was good enough to take her back out for a bit and then Kennedy took her out to swing but we're right back at the whining/crying not wanting anything but to be held while I stand. Carson just had her for a minute but that went downhill quick so my posting time is over.

No comments: