Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just some stuff

For fun...

Keeghan has taken to calling me "mum mum" instead of mama. I think it's because she hears the other kids calling me mom. It's kinda cute but I'm afraid I'm going to end up Mom too soon and I'm not ready for that...I like the babyish mama better. On that same note, I love that she calls Doug baba instead of dada or dad and she still calls Devon gege. It's cute.

The big kids have been out of school for a week now and all it's done is rain. The weather here is getting a bit Seattle like and it stinks. Going outside is impossible even if it's not actively raining because everything is wet and gross. We're all a bit tired of one another at this point and summer just started.

Keeghan turns 2 at the end of this month and I don't think I'm ready for that either. It's hard to imagine that is was a year ago we first saw her face and decided to bring her home. 2 seems more "big kid" than baby. I'm still not sure how we're going to celebrate her birthday. I am thinking bigger party and Doug is not so on that bandwagon as he's afraid Keeghan will get overwhelmed. He has a point but I might just do it anyway and keep Keeghan close to me. We'll see.

I'm still feeling prisoner like. Keeghan does still get "off" if we are in a strange situation for a long time or mess with her schedule. This means I can't just pick up and do what I want. Driving anywhere more than 15 minutes or so pretty much guarantees the princess will fall asleep so I feel like I can't go anywhere too far unless I plan her nap around a drive and then, typically, it's not a good nap. I do get out here and there to work and some Friday nights with the girls which I really look forward to but overall, I still feel very stuck.

Keeghan loves sitting on the counter in the bathroom while I do my hair in the morning and will insist that I "do" her hair as well. And she'll ask me to put makeup on her too. Cute.

Keeghan LOVE the kittens but isn't so gentle with them. She has a terrible habit of picking them up by the neck so my mantra is "kitties stay DOWN".

Here I just have to end with something funny...Keeghan hates wearing a bib. The kids are having mac and cheese for lunch so I insisted on a bib and Keeghan kept taking it off. Devon, Kennedy and Carson decided they should wear bibs too in order to convince Keeghan to wear hers. Devon has on a pink love bug bib : ) There's no way I can take a picture to share as my 14 year old son would KILL me if I did that but I'm sure you can picture it. SUCH GOOD KIDS!

No comments: