Saturday, November 22, 2008

Packing

It's a HUGE challange to me right now. I get ONE, yes one, checked bag and it has to weigh 44lbs or less. So, in that bag, I need to have my stuff AND Keeghan's stuff. Two weeks worth of stuff. I am a bit worried about not only fitting what I need in the bags I have (one checked, one carryon, and my "personal" carryon). I had started laying out Keeghan's stuff a few weeks ago when we got our LOA but once I got the call Wednesday that I would probably be traveling in two weeks I really felt like I needed to get it together. I dug suitcases out of the attic and started trying to see how it would all fit. Yeah, Keeghan's stuff fit great...but I was going to be wearing the same clothes for two weeks. Not such a good plan. So today I decided I'd see what I could do and am very proud of myself for getting what I wanted to bring into the suitcase AND keeping it under 44lbs. Go me!

Since Wednesday when we found out potential travel dates we've been thinking about what that means for kids activities and such. Obviously we have some amazing people in our lives (yeah, you can read that as Val and Craig...because they are amazing) who will help out but that doesn't necessarily make it easier to know that I'll be missing some stuff while I'm gone. The kids are all playing basketball and they all, of course, have games the night I come back from China. Kennedy's game is on the early side so she'll get to play for a bit, but Devon and Carson's games are both at 7:30 so we went the high road and told them they could choose whether they wanted to go to basketball or come to the airport. They both, thank goodness, choose coming to the airport to meet their sister.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for finding a way to share your story with us all. We will be thinking of you and looking forward to meeting Keeghan. Love, A

Unknown said...

Meredith Kates (Brandeis) sends her good wishes too.