Monday, July 25, 2011

3 years ago today...

I saw my little princess for the first time.  After 2 days of frantically researching lymphedema we decided we needed to see the file of this little girl.  I tried calling my agency out of an email I had but somehow or another the number was off so I sent a quick email and got a phone call back.  The in house SW was going to send me the file with medical info and pictures.  PICTURES I said???  I'm not sure if I want to see pictures...I didn't want to fall in love with a cute little face and ignore the facts and I knew that would be tough if there were pictures.  But, the SW said...I want you to see what her hand looks like.  She did offer to blur out the face in the pictures but I finally said no, if I'm going to see pictures I want to see her.  And minutes later I got an email with medical info, some development stuff, comments her nannies had made about her personality...and those pictures.  I'll never forget the cute pouty lips and crazy hair.  As a matter of fact Keeghan and I were looking at pictures the other night when she looked at one of the pictures that came with her file and said "What happened to my hair?".  It seems crazy that it's been 3 years already....those pouty lips smile more these days and the hair is not as crazy but she's every bit as beautiful as those pictures!

No comments: